City FAQ's

Where is City Hall?
City Hall is located at 202 Wendell Street, Muldraugh, Kentucky.

Who do I call in case of an emergency?
All emergencies can be handled by calling 911.  If you have a non-emergency and need to talk to a police officer, call 270-422-4911.

Do I need a permit to have a yard sale?
No permit is required to have a yard sale, however there are regulations regarding the number and length of yard sales.
  • A single yard sale shall not last longer than four (4) consecutive days.
  • Yard sales may be conducted no more than three (3) times per calendar year from a residence.
  • Yard sales may only be conducted during daylight hours.
  • The sale shall be conducted by the owner or occupant of the premises.


Do I need a building permit?
No structure shall be erected or altered until a building permit has been issued.  A structure is defined as any man-made object which is erected or constructed and requires location on the ground or which is attached to another object which is in turn attached to the ground.  A structure shall include such items as porches, stairs, gazebos, utility and storage buildings, as well as any and all other buildings.  The preceding examples are not to preclude other items which are structures but only to be used as examples.  Building permits are also required for fences.

How do I start a business in the City of Muldraugh?

Applications for new businesses can be picked up at City Hall.  After you complete the application, the City Council will review the application and either approve or deny it.

Do I need a business license to come into Muldraugh and do business if my business is located outside of the City of Muldraugh?

Yes.  All businesses doing business in the City of Muldraugh must have a business license.  You can apply for your business license at City Hall, during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.

How do I get water, sewer and garbage service?
All utility customers must come to City Hall and fill out an application for water, sewer and garbage.  A $150.00 refundable deposit, payable by cash, check or money order only, is due on the day you make application for service.  We do not guarantee the water will be turned on the same day you make application but as long as you make application by 3:30 p.m., during regular business hours, we will strive to turn on the water the same day.  To insure you have utilities on when you move into your residence, it is advised that you make application at least one day prior to moving in.

Where does my water come from?


The City of Muldraugh does not have a water treatment plant.  We purchase water from Fort Knox Military Base.


My car was impounded by the Muldraugh Police Department.  How can I get my car back?


In order to get your vehicle back after impoundment, the owner of the vehicle must come to City Hall and present the vehicle registration, proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license.  Impoundment fees will also have to be paid before the vehicle will be released.  If the owner of the vehicle is not able to appear in person to retrieve the vehicle, a notarized statement authorizing someone else to get the vehicle will be accepted.  No items shall be removed from any impounded vehicle unless towing fees are paid first.